Students are expected to take an active role in their learning by attending school regularly, attending all of their classes when at school, as well as being prepared for classes with appropriate materials and having homework and assignments completed.
Absence From School
Students who are absent from school and for whom the Attendance Secretary has not been able to contact a parent on the day of the absence are required to bring a note signed by a parent explaining the absence. Students over 18 may provide their own signed notes. Parents are welcome to call the school 24 hours a day to report an absence in the attendance voice mailbox (613-966-2922, ext. 2123).
Acceptable reasons for absence and lateness include:
• family emergency
• dental, medical or legal appointments
• personal illness
• approved student activities and class excursions
Leaving School During The Day
• If students must leave the school during the day, they must report to the Attendance Secretary in the Main Office during their free time and sign out.
• A note or a phone call from a parent/guardian will be required before a student is allowed to sign out. Students are expected to remain in the office until a parent / guardian picks them up. Students who return to school the same day must sign in at the office upon return.
• If a student becomes ill during the day, he/she must report to the Main Office as soon as possible. Calls home are to be made by the Attendance Secretary. Ill students are to remain in the Main Office until the arranged ride arrives.
Late for Class
• Students who are late for their period one class without a valid reason will be automatically assigned one detention and will require an admit slip.
• Students who are late for their other classes will deal directly with their teacher.
• Detention slips are distributed in period one classes.
• Students who miss a class are automatically assigned two detentions per period and will be contacted in the evening by our automated attendance reporting system.
• If your detention has been assigned in error and needs to be corrected, it is the student's responsibility to see the teacher involved with the detention notice slip to resolve the error.
• Detentions are to be served in the detention room during the first half of the lunch period. (Period 3 - 10:25 to 10:55 am/Period 4 - 11:25 to 11:55am). Students are required to serve assigned detentions (30 minutes) each day until complete. Detentions make up for missed class time.